The recipe below makes about 40 cookies depending on the size and the shape of the cookies.
• 150g cake flour
• 7g/6ml baking powder
• 200g white sugar
• 100g desiccated coconut
• 200g margarine/butter
• 16g/30ml golden syrup/honey
• 100ml water
• Icing sugar (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly oil 2 baking sheets.
2. Combine the cake flour, baking powder, white sugar, coconut in a large bowl and mix with a wooden spoon.
3. Melt the margarine/butter and golden syrup/honey over a low heat and remove from the heat. Once removed add the water.
4. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix well.
5. Scoop some of the mixture into an oil cookie shape and press down firmly. Remove the cookie shape and repeat. Leave some space for spreading.
6. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Leave on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before carefully lifting with an egg lifter onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely.
8. Mix the icing sugar and water. Place in a piping bag decorate cookies.
These biscuits will last up to ten days providing you store them in an airtight container.
Tips: If you want to add more flavour add you favourite mix of spices to the cookie mixture. For a darker biscuit use yellow or brown sugar. Also, if you prefer chocolate swap the icing for chocolate.