I recently made this asparagus quiche to share with friends over some sundowners. Cut the quiche into pieces so each serving has at least one asparagus piece and enjoy with white wine.
This recipe is really an easy one and quick one if you’re not making the pastry from scratch like I did. See the recipe I used and blind baking instructions for the pastry here. All you need to do is roll the asparagus in your slivered ham of choice, place in the blind baked pastry case and add the custard filling. Find the custard filling recipe below:
• 3 eggs
• 125 ml milk
• 12 5ml cream
• 20 g parmesan cheese, grated
• 15 ml chives, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
2. Combine all the custard filling ingredients by whisking them together. Slowly pour over the asparagus and ham. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the custard is set.
3. Allow to cool completely, cut and serve.
Do you like the combination of asparagus and ham? Let me know what your thoughts are.